splitting one session into more than one session

aux pause

probably a stupid question, this is pretty self explanatory. i did a quick search and i found a semi relevant thread that didn't answer my question, so ive gotta ask: how can you split one session into several in pro tools? not like each track individually, but vertically.

for example: i've got a session recorded, it's got 5 tracks with their own plug ins on them, but i've got the whole sessions split up in four groups because each group is a separate song. it's all in the same session, but i'd like to split these groups into separate sessions to mix and export independently of each other. i also want my inputs and levels to remain the same.

in short: i want to turn my one, four-song long session into four one-song long sessions when the songs are already split into groups

edit: pro tools 8 if it matters

Last edited:
I don't know Pro Tools but with any recording software you should be able to make a copy of the session, remove the tracks that you don't want, and save it as a new session with a different name.

If you want all the session files in the same folder referencing the same audio files, just do what ocnor said. If you want them in their own session folders, with their own individual audio files, use "Save Copy In"

If you want all the session files in the same folder referencing the same audio files, just do what ocnor said. If you want them in their own session folders, with their own individual audio files, use "Save Copy In"

^^^^^^^ Yup ,Yup and Yup
Hey philbagg try it with just milk and no sugar!

Back