Split Signal Between Firepod & Mixer

wishtheend

In the writting process, the band likes to jam in the same room and just have me record the jam session through the firepod (that way they can solo an instrument if they forget something). However, they like certain things in the recording to be fed into the PA (like vocals). Is it possible to do this during recording using the analog outs on the firepod? I've read the manual forwards and backs and it just kinda doesn't explain what those do.

wishtheend said:
In the writting process, the band likes to jam in the same room and just have me record the jam session through the firepod (that way they can solo an instrument if they forget something). However, they like certain things in the recording to be fed into the PA (like vocals). Is it possible to do this during recording using the analog outs on the firepod? I've read the manual forwards and backs and it just kinda doesn't explain what those do.

If it were me I'd plug the vocal mic into the PA, then try to get the vocals out of the PA somehow (Aux send, insert, direct out maybe? I'd have to see you PA head) and run that into the firepod. Unless there's a hardware monitor in the firepod, the signal you'd get back out of the analog outs are going to have some latency to them. It's not like you are looking for pristine quality for this application, so the PA preamps and routing should sound good enough. Hope this helps.

Here's the mixer we have
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/631248/

I did this last time running the kick and the vocals, but when running out, I could only get the one mixed track and I need to keep these two things seperate if at all possible. The firepod does have on it's monitor control knob to be set so it monitors from the firepod itself (zero-latency). I'd like to come OUT of the firepod to keep the highest quality THERE and can feed the lesser quality track to the mixer.

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully i can think of something. I got four hours until we jam :p

wishtheend said:
Here's the mixer we have
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/631248/

I did this last time running the kick and the vocals, but when running out, I could only get the one mixed track and I need to keep these two things seperate if at all possible. The firepod does have on it's monitor control knob to be set so it monitors from the firepod itself (zero-latency). I'd like to come OUT of the firepod to keep the highest quality THERE and can feed the lesser quality track to the mixer.

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully i can think of something. I got four hours until we jam :p

Okay, if the Firepod has zero latency monitoring then you could go firepod first. I don't know much about the Firepod (obviously :D) so I can't help on the details of how to do this.

Back