Splashy addition

Cobra67

I finally decided to add a nice 12" Zildjian A Splash to my setup (which included 3 crashes,1 ride, 1 china). I haven't even tried it yet (haven't been to rehearsal yet). I just wanted a new sound basically. I was just wondering: are these cymbals easily broken/cracked/dented?? I know the paper thin mold is not THE most durable thing in the world, but will it stand up to heavy rock music?? I've never even hit a splash before so let me know what to expect. Thanks ahead of time!

My son bought me a $29.95 12" splash for fathers day two years ago and I still havnt tore threw it. I use a 2S Tommy Aldrige oak stick & hit it just as hard as I want. As for sound, price speaks volumes. (sounds kinda like your playing for a circus and the clown is getting slapped)

i have an 8 inch splash and i busted a couple 1/4 inch cracks down the center after a few months of playing it. i later found that one of my friends had the exact same cymbal and the same thing happened to him but i think with a 12 inch you should be fine.

Back