spirit e8?

coffeeandtv

I recently saw the spirit e8 mixer selling for $349 and was interested in buying it. Im not too familiar with the mixer (or any mixer for that matter), but having 8 preamps for that price sounds good for a poor college student like me. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on it? is this behringer quality? I currently use m-audio audio buddy, how does it fare against that because I really need more preamps to work with. thanks in advance :)

I was checking it out too... Prob with the E Series board is it's a 2 bus stereo mixer with no direct outs. Makes listening to your previous tracks while recording sorda challenging. If you want to go direct out, you can use the inserts, but can't eq what you're recording. You might be able to use aux sends but there's only a couple and I'm not sure how viable they would be. The mixer to get is the M series which has the stuff you want. IE: Direct outs. I'm thinking about a M8 or M12, but they are quite a bit more than the E series. As for quality, I'd hope that even the E series sounds better than a behringer. Everyone seems to think the M series is awesome.
I was also kinda thinking about those new Yamaha MG series mixers. The MG16/6fx is around the price rage you're looking at. ~$375. Can't find any reviews on it, but I suspect it's because it's brand new. Doesn't have direct outs, but it is 4 bus so it would work with a stereo sound card decently. Also has built-in fx which may or may not be worth anything.. dunno....

Back