Spirit 328 or Ramsa DA-7

Eric54

I need advice. I want to get a digital mixer and right now my two options are the Ramsa DA-7 or Spirit 328.

Which sounds better as far as Pre's, Eq and Dynamics go. I know the 328 has only 2 dynamic processors and the Da-7 has one for every channel. The 328 has only 16 adat and the Da-7 has up to 24.

Which is superior as far as sound quality? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

The Ramsa converters are a heck of a bargain. I heard ots of bad things about the Spirit digital stuff.
Ive always been a fan of the Panasonic stuff as far as fader quality and sound of the pre's. If I remember correctly the original Ramsa analog pre's were modled after the Neve's of the early and mid 80's.

SoMm

Son of Mixerman said:
The Ramsa converters are a heck of a bargain. I heard ots of bad things about the Spirit digital stuff.
Ive always been a fan of the Panasonic stuff as far as fader quality and sound of the pre's. If I remember correctly the original Ramsa analog pre's were modled after the Neve's of the early and mid 80's.

SoMm

I had a RAMSA board in the 80s. That thing had no tone and everything sounded sort os "nasaly". Sold it right away. Have they improved? I don't know. I went to a studiomaster and it was a great sounding board. It had its own problems though.

Back