Spinet organ tuning and old caps

Back in probably late December I posted about tuning this old Farfisa spinet I own. It was flat and found it had a master oscillator to tune all the keys. I tuned it up to proper pitch and just now realized it wasn't in tune to guitar chords. A check with a tuner says it's back down to being a half step flat again.

I imagine this is due to the old caps used in there. I remember somebody pointing to silver caps or something in one of the pics I posted and said they can cause it to drift out of tune. It's not a huge, huge deal, I can always tune back up for recording, but I suppose my best bet for keeping it in tune is replacing those caps?

I guess I'm answering myself here, but does anyone have any place I could go for schematics without having to pay for it?

RideTheCrash said:
I imagine this is due to the old caps used in there. I remember somebody pointing to silver caps or something in one of the pics I posted and said they can cause it to drift out of tune. It's not a huge, huge deal, I can always tune back up for recording, but I suppose my best bet for keeping it in tune is replacing those caps?
Yes. If you can't do it yourself, it shouldn't be too hard to find someone who can... It should just be a matter of replacing them with more modern equivalents.

I guess I'm answering myself here, but does anyone have any place I could go for schematics without having to pay for it?
There is no one central place, no. You might get lucky - try searching for the model and 'schematics'. Or failing that, see if you can find some board or mailing list dedicated to restoring organs - there must be one - and see if anyone will provide them.

Back