Spill The Wine

Cool, I will have to check it out, It was the first 45 rpm record I ever bought. Thanks for posting.

Eric had, IMO, one of the killer voices throughout the 60's-70's. He's still at it, I believe.. at 80 years old! I played The Best of the Animals LP so much, I swear the needles nearly cut through the vinyl :listeningmusic:

Eric had, IMO, one of the killer voices throughout the 60's-70's.
"We gotta get out of this place if it's the last thing we ever do."

Somewhere between 15 or 20 years ago, I attended a day long party hosted by my girlfriend's brother. A family reunion.

Later on, when there were only 10 people still hanging out did her brother come walking out his house handing me a Guild acoustic guitar. He asked me to play and sing. I played and sang a bunch of Beatles songs, and they all joined in.

And then, I began playing "House Of The Rising Sun".

All of sudden, her brother yelled and screamed, "Stop playing that fucking song!"

I knew that he was a Vietnam vet who served as a helo gunner.

A few months later, he told me that it was common practice that helos would fly in with speakers turned up full and blaring.

Ever since then, he still hates that song.

An "Apocalypse Now" memory of sort.

"We gotta get out of this place if it's the last thing we ever do."

Somewhere between 15 or 20 years ago, I attended a day long party hosted by my girlfriend's brother. A family reunion.

Later on, when there were only 10 people still hanging out did her brother come walking out his house handing me a Guild acoustic guitar. He asked me to play and sing. I played and sang a bunch of Beatles songs, and they all joined in.

And then, I began playing "House Of The Rising Sun".

All of sudden, her brother yelled and screamed, "Stop playing that fucking song!"

I knew that he was a Vietnam vet who served as a helo gunner.

A few months later, he told me that it was common practice that helos would fly in with speakers turned up full and blaring.

Ever since then, he still hates that song.

An "Apocalypse Now" memory of sort.
My best friend an drummer in most of the bands I've been in for the last twenty years is Vietnam Vet. On VERY rare occasion he has opened up to me in great detail on his experience. Jesus fucking christ.

My best friend an drummer in most of the bands I've been in for the last twenty years is Vietnam Vet. On VERY rare occasion he has opened up to me in great detail on his experience. Jesus fucking christ.
Good for him, and good on you for listening to whatever he chose to share with you. It isn't often easy for veterans to open up.

Back