Spending some time in the basement with Billy Holiday

Thanks guys.

I did this one straight through for each track, no edits (except for the drums). That was the second vocal take... the dang phone rang about 2/3 of the way through the first one!

I'm not familiar with the song but it is very well done. The vocals are very good.

That's funny about the phone. I have a clock I have to move to another room because it's ticking is so loud.

A couple of weeks ago, I put together a drum track in MTPDK and guitar track, then added a vocal. It took a bit to get a bass line working, but I think I'm getting closer. Sometimes it seems the bass level it too strong.

God Bless the Child - Billy Holiday

View attachment 120078
Really nice performance...love the vocals. Soothing vibe!

A couple of weeks ago, I put together a drum track in MTPDK and guitar track, then added a vocal. It took a bit to get a bass line working, but I think I'm getting closer. Sometimes it seems the bass level it too strong.

God Bless the Child - Billy Holiday

View attachment 120078
Hi! I never knew you posted this long ago! I would never know you re-tracked or whatever and played percussions like a pro, bass like a pro, and guitar, and fine vocals wow! I could imagine your music, a band, playing in some nice hot spot for music in any city USA and beyond. You are a phenomenal talent and do so much for other musicians including me. Chiao!

Back