Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • All the time

• Only in school zones

• Total voters
I voted sometimes. I never do the speedlimit, I always do 10 over. You don't get pulled over in AZ for doing 10 over, and because of this I think that is the actual speed limit.

I used to have real trouble limiting my speed. I spent a fortune on the crap, particularly the crystaline variety. I am damn lucky to have survived that period in my life.

I usually drive under the speed limit. Saves on gas, pisses off tailgaters forcing them to get on the fast lane, and I’m more able to keep control of the vehicle if I ever start to swerve. With everyone whining about gas prices and the environment I’m doing my part by slowing down. It’s odd that despite higher gas prices my gas bill is still the same as previous years and I believe my driving habits have contributed to it.

altiris said:
I usually drive under the speed limit. Saves on gas, pisses off tailgaters forcing them to get on the fast lane, and I’m more able to keep control of the vehicle if I ever start to swerve. With everyone whining about gas prices and the environment I’m doing my part by slowing down. It’s odd that despite higher gas prices my gas bill is still the same as previous years and I believe my driving habits have contributed to it.

yes this is normal. reason:

typical 4 speed automatic vehicle.

shifts occur at higher rpm's.

55-60mph happens to be not too long after a shift (in most well running vehicles) thus; speeding= higher rpm's=more gas used.

most people can not make the connection; 70+mph is 4th gear, higher rpm. more revolutions = more gas burned by the engine.

I drive exactly 9 over the limit. In my head it just looks better as if 10 over is a red flag to a cop or something. I'm just like Lucky13, speed limits always end up being 10 higher in my mind.

I often end up going 19 over becasue of that.

Yes, I realize that is stupid.

metalhead28 said:
I drive exactly 9 over the limit. In my head it just looks better as if 10 over is a red flag to a cop or something. I'm just like Lucky13, speed limits always end up being 10 higher in my mind.

I often end up going 19 over becasue of that.

Yes, I realize that is stupid.
Yeah...and did you see your Cheezy poofs thread in the Cave?

Back