speed change w/ SF and Vegas

Joel

I'm having a bummer of a problem with the above mentioned card and software duo. I'm running this on a 1.2Ghz Athlon Abit KT7 mobo 384 MB ram, 20GB 7200rpm Maxtor HD.

The problem: I recorded a few tracks at 24 bit-48 khz, then fiddled with some track effects, volume, panning, and the like. Maybe I shut down the program for awhile to work on something else. Then I come back (maybe an hour, maybe the next day--it doesn't matter) and suddenly all the tracks are playing a half-step higher than normal speed. It's also happened where it plays a half-step (or more) lower in speed. I've checked the scrub strip--it's at 1.00 speed. It's even happened within minutes of recording a track.

This perplexed me for awhile, and even caused me to halt recording because some projects never returned to the proper speed. (Oddly, some projects, if I noticed the speed change right away, would change back to normal if I shut down immediately and rebooted, but not always.) But when I encountered a speed change in Sound Forge 5.0 the other day, it might have ruled out software problems (multitrack v. sound editor, two different birds--same company, tho. hmm...)

Has anyone experienced this before, especially with Gadget Labs or Sonic Foundry software? I know, I know they're out of business :( . BTW, I'm running Win 98se, freshly installed, recording only machine.

(This is also posted in soundcard section)

Back