Spectre Sound - song from the new studio!

OzNimbus

For those of you who walked my through construction of my new studio last year, I've finally put an mp3 up of something recorded there. What can I say? I've had my nose to the grindstone ever since I opened up, and never had the time to upload anything.

Anyway, it's Death Metal with a female vocalist, so you've been warned! Here's the link:
http://www.spectresound.org/sound/Death's Sweet Revenge.mp3

Comments, Questions, & critiques are welcomed!

-0z-

That's a female vocalist? Don't you have anything more musical to showcase the room sounds? The drums sound nice and tight.

That's a woman ?!?!?! :D
Totally not my genre but it sounds good, like Tex said, the drums sound really tight.

-greetz

I love the sound of the kick drum. I have heard many people try for that clicky sound, but fail with awful results. My only real deal is with how the vocals sit. I'm fairly comfortable with the genre, but the vocals just don't seem to"blend" with the the rest of the music. The guitar and the drums sound great though.

Yes, that's a woman. Sorry I don't have anything more "musical" for you guys right now, but I will post something in the near future.... I've got a cool Stoner Rock project on the go right now.

BTW, thanks for the vocal mix comments... what can I say? She's not comfortable with stand mounted mics, so we went thru my old beat up 58...
Not to mention, she's somewhat inexperienced, so I had to deal with massive, massive dynamic range in her vocal tracks. That, and well, plugin comps suck if you actually need to compress somehting. Thankfully, I bought a distressor a couple of weeks ago so hopefully I won't run into this issue again.

One final note. The album, "Without any Remorse" got picked up by Galy Records (Gorguts, Cryptopsy) for an international distribution deal. It should be in record stores in the next couple of months!

-0z-

Oznimbus- the drums and guitars sound like they should for this genre. The vocals are ok, they seem lower quality than the rest of the tracking. Almost muffled, or like the mic was cupped in her hand. It seems more and more females are trying to work their way into this genre. I guess Arch-Enemy kicked that off by adding the female vocalist on their latest effort. I prefer the more melodic female vocals in metal bands like Lacuna Coil.
Now cryptopsy, they were a cool death metal band.

Wireneck said:
The vocals are ok, they seem lower quality than the rest of the tracking. Almost muffled, or like the mic was cupped in her hand.

Well, I must say, your ears certainly don't lie to you. You nailed it right on the head. I protested her "cupping" technique, but, hey, you can only talk so much to a brick wall. Oh well, she had to have "her sound" and who the hell am I to say what's right?

Thanks again for the comments...

-0z-

Back