Spectre Sound: ALMOST there...

OzNimbus

Here's a pic of the control room as of today. I'm still doing some last minute things, but so far, it sounds downright amazing. The low end response is really, really great. Frequency sweep tests have shown a couple of peaks & dips here and there, but overall it's very, very neutral.

I should have a full construction update posted in a couple of days. In the meantime, check this out.....

Attachments

• control room.jpg
    control room.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 265
that's a nice looking chair. Was it expensive? Are the arms adjustable? Is it leather?

rpe

rpe said:
that's a nice looking chair. Was it expensive? Are the arms adjustable? Is it leather?

rpe

The CHAIR? All he cares about is the CHAIR???? :)

Guess you didn't notice the Vintech Neve 1272 sitting in the rack :) Or the Apogee converters.

BTW, yes, it's leather, height and tilt adjustable, but with fixed arms. It cost around $250 Canadian... and is really, really comfortable.

John Sayers said:
wow that's coming on nicely mate - can't wait to get the update pics :)

cheers
john

Thanks John! Of course, I couldn't have done ANY of it without your help, so thanks very much!

The updates will be coming, but right now I'm running my ass off trying to get the building prepped for tomorrow's open house for clients.

-0z-

OzNimbus said:
The CHAIR? All he cares about is the CHAIR???? :)

Guess you didn't notice the Vintech Neve 1272 sitting in the rack :) Or the Apogee converters.

BTW, yes, it's leather, height and tilt adjustable, but with fixed arms. It cost around $250 Canadian... and is really, really comfortable.

How do you like your Vintech?

Dallas (the guy that builds them lives near me). I have some of his gear in my studio and I really like it.

David Artis

The Vintech is a great piece of gear. It handles certain things like overheads, kick, snare, direct bass & certain vocalists like a champ. It's not quite as good as the VMP-2 on stringed instruments, (electric & acoustic guitar, violin) however.
Of course, this is just my opinion, but I'm drooling over the Quad 73 preamp.... can you get me a discount for a great endorsment? (hey I can dream, can't I? :)

Back