speaker used as a mic on kick drum???

Gregwor

I want to do this and was wonder how to 'wire' it up......mics are basically small sensitive speakers, but they have transformers in them.......

How do I hook up a speaker to use it as a mic? Thanks. Greg.

i've found that the cheaper speakers sound best. you don't have to wire it in any special way. just attach some speaker wire to a 1/4" jack and to the speaker and your good.

i even know people that have used a small amp with a headphone output and just put a cable in the headphone out of the amp and plugged it into the mixer.

i also have used my peavey sp2x pa speakers (actually just one) and just plugged a cable into it and then into the mixer.....the sp2x was way more muddy than any other speaker i have tried. and i couldn't get it to sound good in the mix.

also you still have to use a microphone either in front of the kick or in the kick. i don't know if you knew that or what.

Wow, the yamaha thing looks cool. I think I will try that with some stuff I already have. You say that cheaper speakers work better? I got tons of those!!!! lol.

I just tried a 12 electrovoce crap speaker. WOW, nice whoomp. It sounds really full. Its great mixed with my regular kick mic. I will have to build a better stand for it, just threw some 2x4's together. Thanks guys, really cool info.

Back