Speaker for a small aerobics room

ambi

Now i know this isn't about monitoring speakers, but you guys know your shit about speakers, and i know a few guys around here build speakers. They have some shitty little speakers with 3.5 inch drivers and a tweeter. They clip very easily and can't handle bass (obviously), so we need somethign new. Now the room has a wierd shape, so the speaker placement won't be perfect, BUT i won't be mixing music in there so it's ok.

What would you guy recomend for something in a relativly small aerobics room? Right now they are small and mounted to the walls. Below is a post i made in the mic section asking about a wireless mic to go with the setup, and a small mixing board, or something like it. Now the speakers would probably be powered by the shitty home stereo amplifier for a while. So it won't be ideal. The speakers don't have to be huge, it's a small room, but just something that can have a bit of power without distorting so easliy, and that can handle bass and what not (i guess at least a 6.5 inch driver).

Thanks.

"Hey all, it's been a long while since i've been around here. I've been teaching group fitness classes and our facility needs to invest in a wireless mic for the instructors.

Just something cheap and simple, but fairly durable and decent quality. I know the words cheap and quality don't go together, but the cheapest that is decent.

I've always hated behringer and they had a terrible rap when i used to linger around these forums, but maybe they've picked up some slack? Would a small behringer mixer be sufficient to route the mic into a stereo? There is a Cd player, a home stereo amp, and some crappy speakers. They will need some better speakers, they have these 3.5 inch driversi believe and tweeters, terrible speakers. So i would just route the cd player and the mic into the mixer and then into the amp?

So any suggestions on how to set this up and what would be good to pick up would be nice. We'd have to buy locally, so long and mcquade would be our best bet. So a few options would be nice just incase L&M can't get it.

I'm going to make another post in the speaker/monitoring section about which speakers would be good.

Thanks."

Check out Radio Shack for these RCA speakers. If you need even more bass, you could add in a sub woofer.

Also ... yes you could use a small mixer to route the various signals to the HiFi stereo amp.

-Edit- Ah .... Sidney B.C. .... not sure about Radio Shack there. Sorry.

You can get the older JBL Eons pretty cheap these days. They make a powered version with 10" or 15" woofers. Either would probably work.

Back