SPAM: non working JL Cooper PPS-100 & HP 400H VTVM, free pay shipping only.

Blue Jinn

Rider of the ARPocalypse
I know this is spam, but thought this is the only place anyone would need or want. I plugged in an AC adapter instead of DC to test. Not sure if that fried it or if it just sat too long and died of boredom. Anyway, free just pay shipping. It should fit in a priority mail game box which is $21. USA only. Or if you're in Portland, OR stop by. Also have a non-functioning HP 400H VTVM. This *kinda* worked when I got it, it just was offset on readings (which suggests capacitors around the meter itself) then crapped out all of a sudden. It's a relatively straight forward circuit http://www.mcmlv.org/Archive/TestEquipment/HP400.pdf , and the tubes are cheap. Same shipping only or local pickup.

Last edited:
I don’t quite understand what you want, or are offering. I think you have a fried external power supply and are offering it to anyone who might want to fix it? It’s not very clear, sorry.

I don’t quite understand what you want, or are offering. I think you have a fried external power supply and are offering it to anyone who might want to fix it? It’s not very clear, sorry.

Sorry, edited. I have a non-functional PPS-100 that I used the wrong PSU it. I may actually have the correct power supply and will try it out again, but the offer still stands.

Last edited:
Still OT, but found the correct PSU, and the PPS-100 is now working. The only explanation I have is the other DC PSUs I tried couldn't deliver adequate current. It's also negative center which is weird. Never seen a piece of gear that particular (especially since there is a 5 volt regulator inside I'd think anything around 7 volts would suffice) but there it is... So the free+shipping is rescinded for now!

Last edited:
Back