Sp B3

freshmattyp said:
Anybody out there use this mic? I'm considering this or the CAD M177. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You know what I will say, but the B3 is one sweet mic, and the low cost shock mount will be here in three weeks. The null between the patterns is dead on. This mic is a real sleeper. When the market realizes what it is, they will wake up. For $159.00 for a three pattern mic like the B3 is a steal....

More reviews are coming, and they are really outstanding...

I just scored an m177 off ebay for like $90 (couldn't resist at that price). I'll post my opinions after I get a chance to play with it. The CAD mics seem to get a lot of really good reviews.

http://www.sospubs.co.uk/sos/oct01/articles/cadmics.asp

Looks like the SP multi-pattern mic for $160 is pretty damn good, too.

Don't think you could go wrong with either one, but the specs on the CAD are pretty amazing for the price (although I realize specs only tell 1/2 the story).

Thanks for the replies

OK, it's settled then. I'll buy both of them, I just won't tell my wife. :D

Alan - I bought one of your "Orphan" C1's last month and I am very happy with it. I hope to use the B3 on Omni for a 1 mic bluegrass band I'm in. I look forward to the announcement on the shockmount.

Chess - I'm pretty hyped about the CAD as well, and 8th Street just lowered their price to $169.95 for a new one with a shock mount. I've been trolling ebay for the last week and must have missed the 177 deal. Now if I could only get users to quit bugging me at work, I'd have more quality time to bargain hunt.

Matt

LOL alot of the real studio owners here didnt have anything favorable to say about CAD. Its made me shy away from them and I can get them for $69 because of where I live.

darrin_h2000 said:
LOL alot of the real studio owners here didnt have anything favorable to say about CAD. Its made me shy away from them and I can get them for $69 because of where I live.

Since we're in the same neck of the woods (I'm out in Olathe), PM me and let me know where I can get one for $69. That's a serious bargain. Us guys here in flyover country need to stick together. ;)

Back