Southern Rock Ballad w/Scratch Vox

Axe4Yahweh

Continued from the first thread...

:) Crawdad;

Thanks for checking this out and the advice, Man! It's appreciated.

Pete and Twist;

Thanks for the listen, comments and encouragement, Bros! It means alot.

I just finished an upload of a better mix (I hope) with a Scratch Vox so you guys can have an idea of the dynamics of the tune.

I think this tune may have become a collab. We'll see what transpires over the next few days. :D

RoughMixRH @

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1526&alid=-1

Thanks!!!

CR ><>

I missed your other thread, but had to go check it out after listening.

So that was that telltale TASCAM hiss I heard in there. Guess my ears ain't as bad as I thought.:D

You got a good thing goin' here, just need to work on the sound quality. I know it's tough with cassette 4-track, but there's an awful lot of noise in there if I found it distracting.:eek:

The mix is a bit crispy. That's mostly due to the hats being a bit hot, and the crashes a bit harsh. Some careful volume & EQ should handle that. The bass guitar could use a bit more bottom.

Nice guitar riffing in there, and the tone is good. Some slight intonation issues. Sorry, but I'm a pitch bigot.;)

Overall, good job.:)

I like it. Very straight forward. There's few things that have already been mentioned but it's a cool tune. The mix itself sounds pretty decent.

Joe

I really like the song....:)

the drum mix could use some help...the cymbals seems louder than the rest of the kit......

the guitar playing makes me grin.....good stuff.....

M.Brane;

Thanks for the listen, comments, and advice.

Joe;

Thanks for the listen and comments. Glad ya dig the tune.

Gidge;

Thanks for the listen and comments. Glad ya like it.

I'll get to work on the cymbals this evening with some EQ. Sharon was using her Yamaha DTXPress Electronic set on this tune. Must've been beating the dickens out of em. LOL

CR ><>

Back