Soundproofind... ect.

Billyo488

Yo.
Alright heres my set up.
I have my drumset, with its back close to the wall and a plexiglass drum shield covering 90% of the front. This helps stop bleed through from guitars.
I also have a headphone amp/distributor with 4 headphones. I have a sonic maximizer to help open up my sound quality, and i have an aural exciter and optical big bottom for my snare and kick.
Im trying to find a way to stop bleed from guitars to the vocal mic, when the band wants to play together obviously. Any cheap ways on doing so?
i also wana find the cheapest, gets the job done sound proof foam.
I wana get a compressor that compresses everything, because i like recording metal and it gets clipped a lot. Can u use software compressors with hardware ones?
I use a program called mackie tracktion. Good Assed Program
suggestions? comments? ..

While you are doing your vocals, record your guitars using some sort of Amp Simulator (like the pod) and hear them just through the headphones. But also record the dry guitar signals to seperate tracks. Then you have the option of running the dry signal back through your guitar amps later (reamping) and recording the result (so you can get a "real" guitar/amp sound).

Or have the vocalist record from a different room in the house. Might feel strange at first not to see each other, but you can get used to it pretty quickly. After all, look at all the amazing blind musicians there have been (like Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, George Shearing, Rahsaan Roland Kirk, etc).

Another solution would be to stick the guitar amps in a remote room, while the players actually stay in the same room together.

Back