SoundFont Memory

fkoliveira

I'm new to Sonar and I did some tests with Session Drummer and SoundFonts. When I tried to load a SoundFont I got a message saying that there was not enough 'SoundFont Memory' to load it.

I got a SB Live! Platinum and I'm running Win98Se with 192Mb RAM memory. When I did it, Sonar was the only application I was using so I don't think it has anything to do with my RAM memory.

What is this 'SoundFont Memory'? Is there a way to set it up? Is this a limitation of my SB card? How to work this around?

Thanks!

I haven't ever tried to record soundfonts loaded into an SB. However, I presume there is some utility for your SB that allows you to adjust the size of your sound font RAM. Recording with sonar can get CPU and RAM intensive, like a GIG CPU and 512 RAM for some stuff...Nevertheless, CPU and RAM shouldn't be a major factor when recording soundfonts loaded into a SB.

Thank you very much! I just found in SB web site the explanation of how to set the cache to be used by 'AudioHQ' to load soundfonts!! :)
Thanks a lot!

Back