Soundelux U195

AudioVault

Has anyone used this mic in sessions? im looking into it for a vocal mic nd maybae acoustics, ambiance. Any feedback would be cool...also is it worth a little extra for a U87 or equivelent?

Hey,

This is my favorite mic right now as a large diaphragm condensor. Planning on selling a few mics to get 2 of these as my main large diaphragm mics.

Check out www.myspace.com/kiltergrey and check out there tracks. Its missing quality because of the myspace compression but it gives you a basic idea. I used the U195 on his voice and sometimes a AT4050. I also used the U195 on the acoustic guitars.

Check it out.

Danny

I have one. It's never done bad on vocals. Sometimes great, sometimes just okay/good, but it's always in the ballpark. I just recorded my vocalist on a U87 tonight and I thought the rough tracks we did on my U195 sounded better. If you want to move up in price you might think about the Pearlman $1.5K tube mic. I guy did some samples over on Gearslutz.com of a lot of different mics and that one was right up there with the $10k Brauner Klaus Heynes modded mic. It was only on one vocal in one specific situation but it sounded insanely good. I'm thinking about picking one up sometime in the future.

Back