• Yamaha 10/2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Soundcraft Notepad 102 (or 124)

• OTHER

• Total voters

LmnLm3

So I'm building a budget rig with a mixer instead of interface - mixer can go on with my studio when I get an interface. Interface doesn't go along when I get a new interface.

So I'm looking at the Soundcraft Notepad series (102 or 124 currently on sale at Musicians Friend, not made anymore i suppose) or the Mackie VLZ3 series (I'm hearing that the VLZ3 are better pres than the Onyx?) I almost bought a Behringer 802 for $50 just so I could get started, but decided I'd ask here first.

Other than failure rate, why behringer so bad? Noisy? no headroom? no power switch (lol)?

Basically anything I can get for $100 or less (obviously the less I spend the more I have for other bits I need like better quality cables, stands, etc)

I was looking at the Mackie 402, the Soundcraft 102 (or is the 4 bus that much more useful?) or the Yamaha 10/2

Please inform me of others I may have missed, and besides "behringer sucks it's cheap low quality entry level trashy bad sounding waste of money" someone give me a good reason not to go buy that Xenyx802 for $50...

Thanks!!!

Back