soundcarft m12 pres/ vs digi 002 pres vs behringer ub pres

lbcstudios

ok, i have a digi 002... the pres are descent, the best i have right now, i also have a crappy behr. ub mixer, it has 8 pres ..

<<< sorry but i dont give a shit if you like behr... its cheap and works for the less fortunate, so dont bring it up in this post....

heres my question.. i want a new mixer... somethin that will have pres that will have a maor impact on my recordings.. somethin that will be very noticeable, so noticeable that my recordings improve just using it instead of the behringer... i was thkin about the s craft m 12.... will it be alot better than than the 002 pres? im sure it will be better than behr and the 002.. but can anyone kind of give me an idea? and if i wanted to take a step up from the m12... what would that be? thanks to all in advance.

ah...i got the same question...

right now i work with an old Studiomaster sessionmix 24:2
..great machine.... but there's ALOT better stuff out there...

i've only worked with Junk Ass JB Systems, Behringer, Studiomaster.....
thats it...

mackie mixers should have nice mic preamps....but thats all i know about it .

right now i never use my mixing desc for solo recordings like Vocals, guitars, bass...... only for drums and live stuff....

but i'd like to master...or mixdown my music via my mixing desc,
i don't do that right now cause i loose too much quality....

maybe the question even is= DIGITAL or ANALOG ?
i don't need more than 12 xlr inputs....even 8 will do

thanx in advance,
earworm

I am the proud owner of a Soundcraft M8 mixer and a I own a few Behringer mixers. I can tell that the M series pres are great much better than the Mackie VLX and Behringer pres. I also have an E8 and those pres smoke the Mackie and Behringer. You will find the M12 pres to be warm, full-bodied and rich. Another great aspec of Soundcraft is the EQs are unmatched. Also the pres in the m series where designed by the same guy you designed the pres in the Soundcraft Ghost so they sound almost the same and the E series to my ear are almost identical in sound to the M series. So if you want to save some dough you can buy the E series.

I'm also a Soundcraft dealer so I know their products well and if you want some pricing email me at prosound@bellsouth.net and I can save you some money over what you would pay retail.

alright, i am now seriusoly thinking about getttin the m 12 ... but i think i may want to upgrade in the future, although hte m12 looks nice... soo... what would you guys consider the next step up from a m 12 to be???

The Crest consoles are fairly reliable, and a good bang for the buck console for live use, but in my opinion the Ghost sounds much nicer, and the Midas blows them both away.

Back