soundcard not recording

michaelq

hey...my problem seems a bit odd, so if anyone can help out. i just have a stock soundcard in that wont register recording, or guitar tuning with a program. it used to do both...i can plug headphones into the soundcard and hear what i'm recording into it as it is played, but it wont register during recording of any kind. when i try to tune a guitar it just doesnt register, but with headphones on can perfectly hear everything as it is going through the soundcard. it isnt muted on my volume control..so thats out of the question. sorry if this is a bit confusing....if it is unclear ask questions i guess. if anyone has any ideas of what it could be you can throw them out here. thanks for reading... -michael q

Check to see if you have your sound card chosen as your recording device under multimedia in your control panel.

yeah...i wish that was the problem..but its the right card selected, volume is on, sounds not muted...thanks for the suggestion -any others are certainly welcome, i'll try whatever

i use a pc tuner also...when that program is active...sonar will not record...i don't know if the tuner works with sonar active or not

Back