soundblaster livedrive

PHILWILL

Does anyone know if this is good for hooking up your music keyboards and getting sound directly into your computer.

I just got a soundblaster live platinum a couple of weeks ago and I run mixes into my computer using the line in on the front panel thingy and it works fine. I think it should work for running a keyboard in if you're just making a wave file. If you're talking about multitracking, I'm not sure, I guess it depends what kind of software you're running. Hopefully someone else can give you more info or maybe you've already tried it and figured it out yourself by now?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sludgehammer:
I just got a soundblaster live platinum a couple of weeks ago and I run mixes into my computer using the line in on the front panel thingy and it works fine. I think it should work for running a keyboard in if you're just making a wave file. If you're talking about multitracking, I'm not sure, I guess it depends what kind of software you're running. Hopefully someone else can give you more info or maybe you've already tried it and figured it out yourself by now?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the reply-I have not purchased the live drive yet but I wanted to and I thought I would ask if anyone had tried it yet.
My software is cwp9, which i have not learned how to use that well yet either.
I am going to plug my keyboard straight into the drive. But I have to figure out how to record it as wav instead of midi. Any suggestions

I run stuff in using Soundforge or Wavelab. They save audio as wave files. when i got my SBL Platinum card, Soundforge came with it. Is cwp9 Cakewalk? I've got cakewalk too but I don't even know where to begin as far as making it work. I suppose I could read the manual but I'm not very motivated since I've never used any kind of Midi stuff. Boggles my wee little mind.

If you want to do primarily audio on your computer I'd stay clear of sound blaster and move up a notch. You can get a great interface for not much more.

You can directly input your keyboards/vocals or guitar through the LiveDrive panel. The biggest problem is that it can only record 1 track at a time. You can select it to record "What-U-Hear" but you'd get it all as single track and would have trouble adding effects or processing the individual sounds.
That's my experience but I am no expert.

Back