Soundblaster live card and S/PDIF Question

R_tikul8

I'm trying to transfer material from my fostex digital recorder to my sb live card. Do I just run from the recorder S/Pdif out, (RCA plug) to line in, (1/8th") on the card and how do I know if I need this COP-1 coaxial/optical converter. The fostex manuel really sux.
Is there any special cable I need or just an RCA to 1/8". I've tried running the stereo outs to line in, but it doesn't work. Thanks for any help.

My S/PDIF on my SB Live is an output only, as far as I know. Do you have the Platinum model or the digital i/o add-on?

You probabby answered my question, I don't thinks it's the platnum and I don't have the digital i/o add on, so in other words, I probably can't record my stuff to the sb live card with the setup I currently have?#!? and why wouldn't the stereo outs to line in on the sb card work?

Thanks for the info Scott. the RCA stereo outs work fine running to my sound card input from my 4 track tape recorder and an 8 track yamaha mini disc recorder, but won't work from my fostex digital.

SPDIF is digital.....the line in on your soundcard is analog.....the two dont mix....you either need a card with SPDIF ins or analog outputs on the Fostex recorder.....

Thanks Gidge, I understand that, I'm asking why the stereo L and R out, (not S/PDIF) to my soundcard doesn't work with my fostex digital recorder when it works fine with 4 track tape and 8 track mini disc recorders.

Back