sound proofing

I WENT TO HOME DEPOT AND ASKED FOR SOUND PROOFING BOARDS THEY'RE 4'X8 AND ARE MADE OF A BROWN FIBER MATERIAL, EASY TO CUT WITH A RAZOR BLADE. dRY-WALLED THE WALLS, APPLIED THE FIBER BOARD THEN PUT ACOUSTIC FOAM IN THE ENTIRE ROOM. THIS WILL INDEED GIVE YOU A DEAD ROOM BUT WILL NOT COMPLETLY CUT BASS OVERTONES FROM BLEEDING BUT MAKES A GREAT BOOTH, ALSO REMEMBER TO USE DOUBLE DOORS OR AN INSOLATED DOOR. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by djsimpso:
Anyone have suggestions on materials for soundproofing a small room?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That fiber board stuff does work wonders. Imagine my surprise when I discovered it was the material used by the previos owners of my home to finish the attic (where my studio was destined to be anyway!).

BigKanuna- That link was great, got any more lying around? It seems that all info I can find are lenghty textual descriptions on how someone built their studio but never any general guidelines with schematics and drawings.

Thanks

/Ola

The soundboard and acoustic foam work great but you also need to create air spaces inbetween, also layer with fiberglass insulation and seal the seams

Back