Sound panels. Room treatment

Zachyboy4

I am looking into getting a room in my house treated to increase the quality of my mixes. i dont record a whole lot of instruments, so im mostly just concerned about hearing my monitors.

what should i do? and what items would give me the most bang for my buck. im not in the business of wasting money. ha

thank you guys

what items would give me the most bang for my buck.
The most bang for your buck is making your own panels and bass traps. The quick and dirty is get some OC703, get some wood & screws, get some burlap or whatever material. Make 2" panels and put them at the first reflection points. Make 4" panels and straddle the corners. Make a cloud if you have enough money. If what I said is greek to you, use the search.

ive actually made home made panels before, and that was for sure a cheap activity. like 40$ for two 2x4 panels.

i have two options for rooms i can use. one is a pretty big guest bedroom, and the other is a large bathroom size room. which one of those would be better?

ive actually made home made panels before, and that was for sure a cheap activity. like 40$ for two 2x4 panels.

i have two options for rooms i can use. one is a pretty big guest bedroom, and the other is a large bathroom size room. which one of those would be better?

bigger the room you have to work with, the better. What are the room dimensions? You want to avoid square or cube shaped rooms.

err.... im not sure about the length or width. its a rather large room though it was originally designed to be a home theatre. but it is rectangular with a odd ceiling. its kind of angled on the sides of the ceiling. if you can picture that. so i guess i will go with that option.

err.... im not sure about the length or width. its a rather large room though it was originally designed to be a home theatre. but it is rectangular with a odd ceiling. its kind of angled on the sides of the ceiling. if you can picture that. so i guess i will go with that option.

Sounds like a good option. Non-parallel surfaces are a plus.

so when i am done setting these soon to be made panels and traps up, how can i test to see (hear) if they are working?

so when i am done setting these soon to be made panels and traps up, how can i test to see (hear) if they are working?
Set up your recording equipment and just before you hang your accoustic panels play some prerecorded material of yours or of others.
Next, hang the panels and listen too the same prerecorded material.
You could also record something live in the room before hanging panels and then record the same thing after the panels are up and listen to each recording.
BG

Back