sound only goes threw one ear

We're gonna need a little more information here. What equipment are you using and what are you trying to do?

using a begringer ub802 running from l and r main out into the in on a 24 bit external soundcard and then running into cool edit. Both the engineer headphones and booth headphones r only going threw the right ear and its not recording onto both speakers. when i playback its only coming threw the right speaker.

dabombkid4 said:
using a begringer ub802 running from l and r main out into the in on a 24 bit external soundcard and then running into cool edit. Both the engineer headphones and booth headphones r only going threw the right ear and its not recording onto both speakers. when i playback its only coming threw the right speaker.

What type of cables/connections do you have between the mixer and the soundcard (both in and out)? What soundcard? Are you recording to a mono or stereo track in Cool Edit? What source are you recording (vocal, instrument, etc.)?

My guesses are: wrong cable, wrong software setup, or something is plugged in wrong. However, it would typically be coming out the left channel only (as that is the default mono channel).

First thing I would do is check the cables running from the outs of the sound card. Sounds like the left one is not working.

there all brand new cables, from the soundcard i have a dual headphone 1/8 headphone jack, plugged into 1 of the inputs is a 1/8 regular pair of headphones, plugged into the other one is a 1/9 to 1/4 converter then a headphone wire, then thats plugged into a y adpater. i had to get the y adapter so i can hear the beat and the headphones at the same time. The weird thing is when i take the dual adapter out of the soundcard and just put in the engineer headphones u can hear both sides. i dunno what the hell is going on

Yup. You confirm it right there in your post, if you plug the headphones straight into the jack it works. So the problem is the "dual" adaptor. You need a proper stereo adaptor.

Back