Sound Modules

jusballin

i was wondering if anyone could give me pros/cons of the

1. xv-3080
2. xv-5050
3. xv-5080

i was going to get the 1080 or 2080 but have convinced that it would be more beneficial to save a bit more and go with the newer xv series. i have pretty much narrowed my choices to the 3080 or the 5050 with them being about in the same price range and was wanting to get some feedback of the different models from people who have actually used them both.

any feedback would be greatly appreicated so that i can make a wise choice and spend my hard earned money one time correctly.

thanks,

jusballin

I have a XV-5050. I got it for $800. I would say this is the last sound module I am ever going to need. This unit has it all. Around 1400 voices, editing software for making your own tweaks (no more fumbling with buttons trying to find the right parameter) 24 bit digital out in crystal clear stereo. Single space rackmount, expandable with additional wave cards. And the sounds...crisp attacks for the drums, great fadeouts on strings and such. Don't throw money away on a 3080 or 5080. If you can't find what you're looking for on a 5050, you can't find it...

Back