Sound Forge 5.0

If you need 24Bit file support than the upgrade might be worth it. Surprised SF has any customers left at all with the time it took to implement that upgrade. Probably worth the $99. Sure it has some other new features that Wavelab has had for years. :)

I've been using it for a little over a week now. The demo is good till March 19. There's a few more bells and whistles but it's basiclly the same old sound forge that does 24 bits.

I think it's worth it, especially as I was recently considering buying Acoustic Mirror and XFX 3 separately (glad I didn't!). Not to mention that you get an LE version of Vegas Audio too. I've always liked Sound Forge XP 4.5.

I have checked out the demo for a little while, and I think that it's worth $99. The Wavehammer plug-in is great, plus a few of the free plugins. When you compare Sound Forge to Wavelab, Wavelab obviously wins because of the Montage window and it's ability to open up and arrange multiple audio files in one session. But for $99, compared to Wavelab's $300-ish pricetag, I think that's about as much as Sound Forge 5.0 is really worth.

Rev E

Back