Sound effect question....

Blue Bear Sound

Anyone know how to digitally mimic the sound of a tape or turntable being slowed to a stop? Is there a VST plug for such an effect??

Most Pitch Shifters can do such an effect. I dont think alot of Pitch Transposers can do more than a gliding slow down, but you might try one.

I think I've read that your using SX. Do you have a dedicated Wave Editor. CEP has a plugin called Pitch Bender which has a preset for your desired effect. I'm sure most other Wave Editors include something like it.

Try the demo, or email a buddy with CEP and have them effect the track for you. Hey, I'll even do it.

Good Luck,
Chris

Darn it! Blue Bear has a question and I don't have a comprehensive guide to link him to! :)

Sorry I can't help on this one. It would have been nice to pay back the (many) helpful hints.

There's a cheap piece of hardware that does this very well - the Alesis AirFX. It looks like a toy, and doesn't really do traditional FX chores, but for $149 (street), the 3 or 4 things it does really well are worth it ( as is the "coolness" factor of controlling it by waving your hand in the air!). :D

Scott

SF 6 (that's what you use, right?) has a built-in pitch shift - if there's not a preset for a tape stop, I'd play with it a little - if the range is limited, you can always reapply it a couple of times.

Daf

Thanks for the tips guys...

I'll try the SF pitch -- it may do it.... I did remember the AirFX having that feature if I can't find a digital version....

Failing that, Chris - I may take you up on your offer! :)

i have always wondered about this effect.
i tried to accomplish it by sampling the effect from another album, and editing it in but it did not work as smoothly i had hoped.

If you are successful with any of these methods, please post!
thankx,
jah

Back