sound dropouts with Teac A-2300SR

I will. Thanks! I'm glad that I can count on advice on every aspect of this reel to reel from you, Rolf. Seeing as how I've been using piano and vocals as my benchmark for recordings, I decided to record and mp3ize the results, which are found here.

If you're up to it, I'd appreciate any comments on some of the more obvious remediable parts of the 2300sr, if any. I still hear a bit of level fluctuation but that could be me being scarred from the results of my pre-degunkified 2300SR. Thanks.

Even plain old window cleaner is a great all-purpose cleaner I've found for all kinds of stuff. Cheap too.

Nice work, guys. ;)

I decided to record and mp3ize the results, which are found here.

Man, that's actually very, very nice, in both performance and sound. I dig your voice.

It's refreshing to listen to a nice, natural, unprocessed recording. Well done. Cheers!:)

BTW: What type of piano are you using? How did you set it all up, what mics etc..?

--

Nice song and excellent recording;)
I don't hear any flutter or wow at all, let me guess 7-1/2 speed and high bias tape ?
Did you use a mixer or straight in with mic's on the Teac ?

Thanks cjacek. I used an old upright piano and had a mic (whose picture I'll take eventually) aimed toward my chin, thus away from the piano. That's it.

rolf - thanks. I didn't know that what I thought I was experiencing had a name. That's crazy that you could identify my settings. It was set at 7.5 but I had the eq set at 1, with the bias at 2. I also used the left mic in on the Teac. I'm guessing that the bit of clipping I experienced can be solved by reducing the signal and that doing so won't adversely affect the overall volume of the recording? Without the aid of a limiter/compressor, I tend to either clip or make my mixes really really low.

Back