sound cards questions

jasgav

I have two questions really.
1) When I try to mixdown my recordings to another track with pans to left and right the export version is always different sounding. Somethings come out louder and/or softer (sometimes both within the mix.) I'm thinking it's because I'm using a soundblaster live soundcard and need to upgrade. By the way I also use guitar trax pro. Also I should mention when I keep everything centered the sound remains the same in the mix and in the exported version. only the panned sounds volume are effected. Is this a sound card problem?

2) I was thinking of upgrading to m-audio 1010lt AND I need to make sure the guitar tracks pro can handle multi input soundcards?

So anyone?

Thanks,
Jason

Are you listening to your mix with offset mode enabled on your automation? Does turning it off make any difference?

Q.

The soundcard has no effect on what the software does during mixdown, so ifg your mix sounds odd now, it will sound odd regardless of what your audio interface is.

By any chance are you are panning stereo tracks?

Jason, did you check everything on Export dialog (Mix Enables section)... Check the Track Automation.

Anyway, Chuck, I remember asked about this issue, and what I heard was soundcard (as hardware) is not affecting mix down routine, but the driver is. That's why you need to select "Source Bus(es)" on that dialog. And that's also the reason why we can't mix (export) audio without soundcard installed. I probably am wrong anyway :)

;)
Jaymz

al
I was panning mono tracks. different instruments into the different field areas. the wave file always sounded different (levels) from the levels in cakewalk.

and yes all the mix options are checked

does anyone have this problem using sonar?

Back