Sound Card conflicts

David Self

I am having a conflict between my sound editing software and the audio player settings that come with Windows. When I pan hard left or right in my editing software the sound doesn't move there. When I play with the pan settings in the MS audio mixer panning (i.e. if I move it hard left and my sound editing sw is panned hard left) the the pan moves to the left. What is going on? Is there some way to disable the effects of the MS audio mixer? Help!

Go into the config stuff and tell Windows not to use that sound card at all. This will either solve your problem or you won't be able to use it in your audio software, hopefully the former...

I tried the disable bit in the windows control pannel under multi-media advanced. I specified under audio that I didn't want to use the mixer functions or the features of the audio card. I got no sound at all. Any other ideas out there?

It doesn't seem to matter. Both CoolPro and Samplitude. I have also noticed this interaction problem between my sound card provided (ESS Audio works) mixer software and the Windows mixer.

Aha! Well, then I would guess your problem is at a much lower level then, if the software provided by the actual manufacturer is not running right either. I suggest going to their Web site for a new driver (or asking them for help, many people forget you can do that!). If you've already done that...then I'm baffled, sorry.

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 09-26-1999).]

I found the problem. It was a stupid mistake. I had the 3D option selected in the MS volume mixer. Thanks for the help.

Back