Sound blips & blops (all the issues!)

Nuns

Hi all. Having some issues with my recording set up. Running a decent enough PC (i7, 16g ram), with an M-Audio Fasttrack C400 into Cubase 8.
In the last 12 months, Cubase will have moments where it sounds like it's running through a step filter, spitting out bits of sound, before coming good and running normally. No excessive amounts of plugins or ram.usage to be seen. Dial defrag now and then to keep it clean, recorded audio on a seperate drive. It's gotten more frequent of late, and the input channel now gives off 2 pops semi-regularly with no provocation.

Is it just time to upgrade? Has the hardware finally shit the bed?

Assuming that setup ran blip fee for long time before.......you have to ask....what's changed? Have you added any new software. What's running in the background when this happens? Doesn't seem like a hardware failure at frist glance. Maybe post a clip here for us to hear.

Mick

Thanks, Mick. There's been a few amp Sims that have come and gone. At one point, I plugged in a midi keyboard, and the whole thing reset the drivers, and I had to redo all the asio4all stuff, basically go right back to square one.

I'll get a clip of the nonsense later today.

When the glitch happens, check to make sure that your antivirus isn't running a scan, and that Windows isn't downloading the latest updates in the background. I would turn Windows updates off, and do everything manually. If you have time, pull up Task Manager and check to see what the CPU is doing.

I tried ASIO4ALL with my Tascam interface when I first got it. It was horrible. Things worked better with the Tascam driver. Have you tried using the Mtrack's last Windows driver, 1.0.6? It was supposed to work with WIn 7 64 bit, so there's a chance it will run under WIn 10.

When the glitch happens, check to make sure that your antivirus isn't running a scan, and that Windows isn't downloading the latest updates in the background. I would turn Windows updates off, and do everything manually. If you have time, pull up Task Manager and check to see what the CPU is doing.

I tried ASIO4ALL with my Tascam interface when I first got it. It was horrible. Things worked better with the Tascam driver. Have you tried using the Mtrack's last Windows driver, 1.0.6? It was supposed to work with WIn 7 64 bit, so there's a chance it will run under WIn 10.
I've had heaps of issues actually connected to wifi with this PC lately, so I just leave it disconnected. Updates are manual, but I'll check the antivirus.

Yeah the MAudio drivers stopped working for whatever reason. Rolled it back to previous versions, uninstalled, reinstalled. Current driver just didn't gel, so went with asio4all.

First vid of bad stuttering during playback. I did nothing other than hit play. Couldn't upload here though, so here's a link.

Anyone know how to get the vid in the post?

Last edited:
Back