Sound blaster live drivers (midi issues)

ambi

I've been using the KX experimental drivers for my SB live! value for the past while. I find the sound quality is better, and it works better with logic audio, but the midi has a huge delay, which makes playing a midi controller impossible.

I heard someone suggest that maybe that was because i wasn't using the original sb drivers, and instead was using the KX drivers. Any ideas?

I'm going to get a delta 44 ASAP so i'm not worried about recording with the SB i just want it for midi. I'm going to try and uninstall the KX drivers and install the latest SB drivers, and if that doesn't work, i'll get the latest KX drivers and try that.

Ontop of that any advice for large midi delays with a SB live? Should the KX drivers be giving me delays, and would the SB drivers help?

Thanks, i'm going to do some video card work first, i haven't been playing games for quite a while, but my brother tells me that anything he loads crashes, so i'm going to do that first. If anyone has any advice i'll check back to this thread before i start with the audio drivers.

Thanks!

The last couple of days I've done a lot of work with midi + sblive + kx + Reason. Worked flawlessly without noticable delay. So I'd say it isn't the kx drivers.

Ok thanks. after some work i've managed to remove some of the delay
Now can anyone recomend me some good synth programs to pick up?
I'd like some with good real piano sounds, not just cheesy synth stuff.

Back