Sound absorbtion panels

revnice1

I wasn't sure where to put this message. I bought 100 sound absorbtion panels from Amazon but I think I've wasted my money. They're a foot square, flimsy foam cut in a zig zag, I have no idea if they have any sound damping properties at all. My question are:

1) How do you determine where to put them, and
2) What's the best method of sticking them to the walls?

A blob of glue sounds fine but if you have to move a panel, I think some of it would be left sticking to the wall where the glue was.

Thanks - rev

they control reflections they won't sound proof. They are for controlling room sounds deaden the room etc. you can use command strips won't damage the wall

I wasn't sure where to put this message. I bought 100 sound absorbtion panels from Amazon but I think I've wasted my money. They're a foot square, flimsy foam cut in a zig zag, I have no idea if they have any sound damping properties at all. My question are:

1) How do you determine where to put them, and
2) What's the best method of sticking them to the walls?

A blob of glue sounds fine but if you have to move a panel, I think some of it would be left sticking to the wall where the glue was.

Thanks - rev
They will tame high frequency reflections to a degree. And maybe they look cool.

Place them at first reflection points from what you are trying to tame. Meaning, from the point you are sitting, think how a mirror would give your reflection back or bounce off of other walls. Same with areas you are recording an instrument.

It's kind of vague, but you can get some level of use from foam panels if placed right. Only high end flutter really. It not going to do anything under like 2k.

I have stapled them to the wall before. It works well and doesn't leave a mess when you take them down. The wall is easily fixed with some spackle and paint.

The spray glue that people use won't come off the wall, so if you want to turn it back into a normal wall.again, you will need to replace the drywall.

I missed the attaching part. You can also use thin brad nails or long thumb tacks if you don't want to mess up the walls. It's kinda janky tho...

I'm not sure how packro was thinking of using the 'command strips' but that seems an option as well.

Back