Souncraft 1600??

dturcotte

OK, I have a chance to buy a Soundcraft Series 1600 console. From what I have read and seen, this is a pretty good unti and I can get it for what i think is a good price ($1200).

My question is, has anyone experienced this console and what are your thoughts?

$1200 for a SC1600??? that's a steal IF it's in reasonable shape... i've done some work both inside and useing one and i love the things personally... you may need to budget for repairs though... especially recapping...

Yeah I thought of that as well. Yes $1200 for the console. It's the 24 channel series. I don't know too much about it except that it has been in a studio for years. And, the guy says it was recapped last year.

Here's a pic:

Attachments

• mixer.jpg
    mixer.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 31bd_12.JPG
    31bd_12.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 36
$1200 seems like a good price for a 1600. They are very affordable though. For the last 5 years I have not seen many sell for more than $2500 tops though. A big part of that reason is that the 1600 in particular seems to have a lot of pot and switch problems. Having it recapped recently though makes the $1200 seem pretty good to me. Just be prepared to address some other issues with pots and switches. Luckily, the 1600's are pretty easy to work on. The 1600 has a decent sound as well. It reminds me of a more featured 200 or 400. Now if you can find a TS24 for that price, jump on it. The TS24 in my opinion was the best sounding Soundcraft by far, but they are still pretty costly if you can find one for sale.

Yeah I was curious about the eq also, and it does have the 4 band. I am really anxious to get it here and get it all hooked up. Coming here from TX to NH so it was a little costly for crating and shipping. So I got about $1500 in it so far.

Now I just need to work on some more outboard gear and i am happy!!

Back