SoulPedal

JMac52

I met this guy and his team at a local Guitar Fest a few months back and thought what they are trying to do is pretty cool. I was going to post about it then, but thought I'd wait until they launch.

Well, that time is near... SoulPedal is basically a wah pedal in your shoe (but wait, there's more!).

For the uninitiated (like me), what they are doing now is a product launch using crowd-funding. So the link below will take you to a site where you can learn about the product and you can send them some money and get some stuff. (I have no skin in this game - I only got on their email list at the show).

I'm interested in what folks here think about it - do you gotta have one? In on the ground floor? Does it have a snowball's chance? Big name buyout in a couple of years?

https://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/5ce2348f

J

there's lots of daft idea on the market these days,but this is on to a winner imo ...

battery life sucks,i can loose 8 hours when i practice ...

I'll take a pass on that. From what I see on their site, the only tweaking that can be done to the Wah are the feel, and a few presets that can't be altered. The pedals that would allow you to fully tweak your Wah sound have not even been prototyped yet, and it looks like they are planning for one tweak per additional pedal. That isn't what I would consider cutting edge technology. A better approach would be to build a single rack mount unit that could be updated/upgraded via USB. I know that I wouldn't want 3-5 pedals on the floor just to get the Wah sound I want, especially when I can get a rack mount Cry baby and multiple controllers, used, for roughly the asking price of their starter kit.
They also lost me at "crowd funding". There are many people out there that are able to build some really fine products, that don't know anything about running a business. If you want to use my money to fund your business then I am going to need to see a business model, your books, and a return on my investment.(a discount on the product I funded won't cut it) Otherwise they can do it like everyone did back in the day, and use their own money to build a couple, sell them, and use any profit to grow the business.

Back