SOT: Daw files DISAPPEAR??

adam

This may be a strange question. I have a piii 700 Dell desktop with Windows 98SE. Over the last year I have noticed that some files have gone missing!! For example, mp3s and movies. When it first started happening a year ago I was connected to the internet and using file sharing. All the files that were missing were file shared. I figured it had something to do with that and maybe someone got into my puter. Scary thought.

Recently I moved and the computer is in a spare room, not connected to the internet. I installed the PCI card of my RME Multiface and thought I would use the desktop for recording (have been using my laptop). It has been 2 months now, and the puter doesn't touch the internet. I have noticed MORE files missing. Files I had used since we moved (and not been on the internet).

I am apprehensive about using this for recording if files are going to dissappear.

Has anyone had this problem? I read in another post how 98SE could degrade over time (not sure what this means), but where are my files going??? Dodododododo (twilight zone) :eek:

Back