Sorry the next Day

Mike O

Sorry the next Day - acoustic guitar w/vocals

We finally warmed up the recorder for the new year. "Sorry the next Day" is a Jeffery Gaines song from his 1st album (back in the early 90's?). My wife and I would play this song a few years ago for friends and family. Its a real tear jerker.

Let me know what you think about the mix.

Last edited:
This is a pretty song, nice and soothing. Pretty loud mix. Great guitar sound - clean and clear nice stereo affect. I don't recognize the song so I can't compare to the original. I preferred the harmonized vocals, although the doubled vocals were well done (just on a musical taste). Sounds like CSNY a bit. Good job all around. :)

thanks ido1957. The single vocal track was not cutting it through the song. This was a experiment for me on how to get a big vocal sound (maybe a bit over done?)

Here's how we tracked.
Recorded on a Yamaha AW16G, Taylor 314ce (combo mic - Rode NT1a and Fishman Aura) vocals w/ NT1a - all direct recorded to AW16g and mixed on the AW16g.

Lead vocal was triple tracked. Best track (lead) up front and center, the other 2 tracks in unison down about 60% 10 and 2 o'clock. Back vocals 2 tracks one harmony in unison set about 70% of lead paned 13L 13R.

Acoustic guitar 1 take to two tracks Mic and Aura. I aslo copied these to another stereo tracks. Dominant guitar pair paned full L/R w/ other stereo track paned 10 - 2 down about 60% of dominant.

Back