"Sooner or Later" (Climate change warning)

Very nice low end on this. I understand now about your suggestions to me about mixing the low end. Nice "tasty" guitar work as well. I Very much enjoyed the vocals and all the cool stuff coming in during the outro. Fantastic Job ! Enjoyed it .. mark

Very nice low end on this. I understand now about your suggestions to me about mixing the low end. Nice "tasty" guitar work as well. I Very much enjoyed the vocals and all the cool stuff coming in during the outro. Fantastic Job ! Enjoyed it .. mark
Part of the trick of the matter is allowing the bass to come through against the kick - w/o letting the kick mask/muddy too much. A lot of that is accenting the beater strike in the 2.5-3k range - where you seek the balance between the snap and the woof.

In this piece, the bass IS a featured instrument, and so clarity becomes important. It needs to be well defined. That's the aim of your funk piece as well - as funk is largely reliant on the bass to be ... well ... "funky". :D

Again, there's some excessive brightness going on, most noticeably the hi-hats and cymbals. It's a little piercing.

As Dung mentioned, the vocal timing gets off at times. Rushing pretty badly in some spots.

Great bass line! Great groove it slips into around the 4:30 mark.

It seems the piano and rhythm guitar might be fighting for the same frequencies a bit.

Overall, nice performances and pretty solid mix. Nice job!

Nice work, K. I've been enjoying your tunes.

I didn't notice any brightness, but I was listening on my HD280s, which are shy on high end, but they really let you hear the bass line. Maybe I'll give it another listen when I'm on the other computer with the Sonys. They're much brighter.

Nice work, K. I've been enjoying your tunes.

I didn't notice any brightness, but I was listening on my HD280s, which are shy on high end, but they really let you hear the bass line. Maybe I'll give it another listen when I'm on the other computer with the Sonys. They're much brighter.
That may be my issue w/ the highs as well. My systems might be a little dark - and I'm over compensating. I'm not hearing harsh -- but for perhaps the hi hat - which I want to poke out - because it needs to be noticed. Oh - and perhaps the ride cymbal in the middle section. I actually have the highs tailed off on the OHs too. Still ... the reason one asks for other ears is others hear shit I stopped hearing when I hit 55.

:D

I do listen closely, accordingly, to what is suggested and make the changes consensus hears. New mix up top - and the brightness of the cymbals has been addressed.

Last edited:
Back