sony ecm 990f

strmkr

Hey all,

I just picked up a kind of oddball stereo mic I have never seen before at a pawn shop awhile ago. It is a sony ecm-990f. It has a switch that apparently changes the angle of the capsules from 90 degrees to 180 degrees in increments of 30 degrees. It has a big wide head and is pretty cool looking. Just wondering if anyone has any info. about these since the search yielded zip.

Thanks.................L

Damn,

this seems to be a rare item. The only info I can seem to pull up on it is references to its use on some Nirvana bootlegs. The one I found is in much better shape than this one for sale on ebay. I haven't had a chance to do any real recording with it yet,but just piddling around,it seems like it is going to be a great sounding mic!

Attachments

• i-1.jpg
    i-1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,425
Thread resurrection time!

:D So it's been almost 5 years since your post - what do/did you think of the mic? I've got the chance to buy one for about $70 US.. worth it do you think?

Thanks!

mic ECM 990F

The ecm 990f is an excellent microphone, designed and used originally for sony professional portable sterio recorders such as TC-D5
I personally own one and still use it with other recorders and recording.

Do not use it for connecting to pa systems, it is very sensitive and might howl back

Good luck with it

Back