Sontronics Sigma Ribbon Mic?

Sometimes edge is what you need.
Some of these ribbons are very dark... read... bland sounding... depending on the source. It depends on the sound you are going for. The sample I put up was with a VERY bright sound, and I mean cut your head off bright, and its just barely bright enough afterwards.

Thanks
Its really just for female vocals, i have an old ribbon mic and it produces a warmer (better) sound on my voice compared to my AGK Vienna and my Beyer TGX 580.
Vikki(uk)

..You might want to consider the Shure SM7 or Heil PR40...both dynamics are less "edgy" although the Heil has more high-end presence (a bit more like a condenser mic) than the Shure...just a thought... ;)

kidvybes said:
..You might want to consider the Shure SM7 or Heil PR40...both dynamics are less "edgy" although the Heil has more high-end presence (a bit more like a condenser mic) than the Shure...just a thought... ;)

I second that on BOTH of them! The PR40 is a AWESOME sleeper! Everyone should have at least one!

I've never seen that one before. It looks cool though. I've got to stop finding out about so many different mics...

Caotico said:
I've never seen that one before. It looks cool though. I've got to stop finding out about so many different mics...

Yeah, it's a sickness and a disease with no cure. Lots of money seems to avert the symptoms for a while. The other thing is...........oops. Gotta go. Ebay's calling :D

Back