Sonor - Little help

Idgeit

Hey all,

Im a guitarist, but i like to play drums the odd time, i have one kit, but its falling to pieces, so i wana upgrade and get a kit just for recording.

I was looking into the sonor range, Anyone ever tryed the Studio editions?. The reason im sticking to Sonor is because my drummers kit is sonor and we got good sounds out of it at the last session.

Thanks,

- Idgeit

i have a 503 series kit which is the bottom of the barrel for sonor and it sounds great. the most important thing about achieving a good drum sound is tuning and cymbal selection.

what do you mean by "falling to pieces"? my only first-hand experience with sonor is a low priced snare stand that was held together by a couple of screws that constantly needed to be tightened, or it would literally "fall to pieces". if you're going the low budget route i'd suggest trying some other brands. their drums generally sound good, but if the hardware is rickety you're not going to be happy no matter what kind of drums you have.

No its not the sonar kit thats falling to bits, its my drum kit its SX a no name crappy brand. My drummers kit is Sonor, and im going to get a new sonor kit in place of my SX kit.

Thanks for all the help guys

- Idgeit

Back