Sonitus eq

Neurottica

I have been using it simply because it was there and it is a good vst but I am ready to break away from the teat. What should I be looking at as a substantial upgrade?

It does everything just fine, but there has been the odd time that more bands could have helped my find that trouble spot easier. Out in Googleland there are dozens of options, I was hoping to narrow it down with the experience of anyone here that has done the same.

I use DSP cards so that influenced what I bought but Fabfilter ProQ gets the best reviews Ive read in the past year....and by a long shot, but it doesnt colour the sound if thats what you want....

I use the Sonnox R3, it's very expensive but is actually four EQs in one so if you look at that way then its more value, but bands are limited..though in truth if I felt I needed more Id be looking at tracking first as being a problem, not how many bands I could EQ

I can record Acoustic 20 times with the exact same setup and that dirty low to high mid garble picks a different spot every time. I can usually find it easy enough. I know I have had some hearing loss(ten years in an auto plant, not to mention the Hiwatt Stack I used to shake drywall with) so I guess I am looking to compensate. Thanks for the response and I will have a close look at what you suggested

lol, yeah I think Im going a bit deaf over the years too...that Fabfilter is really worth demoing, its getting full mark reviews everywhere..

the only other new one that seems to have got as much attention, but it adds a lot more colour, and with limited bans again, is the Redline EQ from 112db..

Back