Sonic Foundry Acid 2.0

wvsoulja

I have a sound blaster audigy 2 card, it supposed to record and playback in 96khz and 24bit... In Sonic Foundry I go to preferances and set my options to record in 96khz, does it without a problem, how do I know it's recording in 24BIT though? Also, when I set the playback options from 16, to 24bit unpacked, and 24bit packed, it won't work for either of the 24 options.. Why? And how do I know if I'm recording in 24bit?

The properties of the WAV you record should tell you if it's got 24-bit data or not.

AlChuck said:
The properties of the WAV you record should tell you if it's got 24-bit data or not.

Just like AlChuck said....... right-click the WAV. file>goto properties. That should let you know if it's 24bit or 16bit. ;)

spin

Is there that much of a listening/recording difference between 16bit and 24bit? Should I record in 24bit and 96khz?

wvsoulja said:
..... Should I record in 24bit and 96khz?

You will need to give us some more information, in order for us to answer that question for you. ;)

Computer specs....

What is the purpose of the constucted music.....

etc......

2.4 Ghz P4, Radeon 9700, 512MB DDR 400MHZ Samsung, WD 1800JB harddrive.. Not bad, got it overclocked at 2.7 ghz..

What you mean by what I am trying to do as far as constructed music?

With those computer specs, there's no reason you shouldn't shoot for the stars. The higher your record resolution, the better it will sound through multiple generations of effects, eq, etc. This is not to say that the signal ever decays in 16 bit, as long as the signal stays in that domain.

Sorry - guess I made all that as clear as horse puckeys, huh?

Basically, your computer is powerful enough that I think you should probably just record at as high a resolution as you like - there shouldn't be any problems with your computer handling it. There's no reason not to go hi-rez.

SPINSTERWUN said:
= The type of music you are making. ;)

spin

I think spin is refering to the music's use and audience?

For example if you want it to stream over the internet so that people on dialup can hear it then you'd want a lower res to reduce the file size... also if you're recording in mono as opposed to stereo...

... am I close there spin? Or did I completely miss the point?

*takes cover for possible incomming fire*

:D :D :D :D :D

- Tanlith -

Super Loop Library <--- Warning! Blatent Plug! Hehehehe

Back