Sonic Charge Microtonic

Mountainmirrors

kaleidoscopic renegade
Hi -

Does anyone else use the Microtonic here? It sounds amazing.
I'm having trouble properly setting it up in Sonar 3...
I can hear it and program it by putting Sonar on "record", but it doesn't actually record what I'm hearing. Can I play the microsonic without hitting "record" on a Sonar track?
How do I use a soft synth drum machine in Sonar? Programming this thing is a no-brainer, and it has its own sequencer.
I open it up in the synth rack. Then what? What I'm doing allows me to hear the software, but I'm not using it correctly. Thanks!

I tried it, but aside from the annoying "Please purchase the full version of Microtonic now" voice, I could never get the demo to record. When I bounced down the track, it was empty.

So, first question, are you using the full or demo version?

Take Care

I'm using the full version. I was mesmerized by the demo sounds, and Computer Music mag offered a promo to get it for 60 bucks, so it was a Mission from God.

Thing is, I've done waaaay too many drugs in the past to get my head around most software. :-)

The Microtonic is easy to use and can synthesize some huge, sinister grooves...I just can't figure out how to properly configure it with Sonar.

Anyone? I assume it's just like any other VSTi drum machine to set up in your sequencer.

Thanks!

Are you sequencing Microtonic from Sonar, or using the onboard Microtonic sequencer? If you are using Sonar's sequencer select the track containing midi data and the track containing Microtronic, then go up to Edit and do bounce to track... if you are "program challenged", just let it create a new track for you.

If you are using the sequencer on board the Microtonic, I think you can just select the audio section and do a bounce to track, but am not 100% sure of that. Try it and let us know if it works.

Try (sorry) re-reading the help file called "converting your dxi tracks to audio"

Take Care

I think I'll stick with using the Microtonic in FL Studio.
I can use my other soft synths no problem in Sonar...
Whatever it takes to use this thing. It sounds unbelievable!

Back