Songs to play in a bar

toprocker22

My band has a couple bars that want use to play at but we only have a 20 song set list and were lookin for atleast 60. We are a standard 4 piece band 2 guitars one sings and plays, a bass, and drummer. Our singer has more of a deeper sound then a high pitch so no journey covers :D, we play pink floyd, skynyrd, a lil metallica, and some more. if anyone has ideas please write back. please don't post one single song a list would help out alot more.

Thanks,
Patrick

Shouldn't you be determining your own repertoire? I am not sure if others should be the arbiters of what music you play. Between you, you must have more than twenty songs you like.

Taken care of business
wonderful tonight
you shook me all night long
save a horse ride a cowboy
brick house
old time rock and roll
pretty woman
crazy
thank god I'm a country boy
love shack
some kind of wonderful
brown eyed girl
blister in the sun
rowing up to Boston

just to name a few guaranteed dance songs

:cool:

"In A Gadda Da Vida" can take the place of 6 other songs if you want to bring the numbers down....

... but people will throw things at you...

Seriously though, 60 songs? Isn't that a 5-6 hour gig, including breaks?

Do you have some jimi hendrix?

All along the watchtower
Little wing
Spanish castle magic
Bold as love..

What if 50 people post you a long set list and you don't know any of the songs ?
Gecko is right - surely between the four of you you can get together more than 20 songs? Ask the bar owners what they're expecting.
Sorry that's not very helpful, and maybe it's just me after a long day, but that's an odd request.
In fairness, I've seen odder.

Last edited:
Sorry that's not very helpful, and maybe it's just me after a long day, but that's an odd request.
In fairness, I've seen odder.

Well, I've seen odder as well.

But I can't help thinking that there is something upside down about this request.

I can understand someone asking for suggestions for material to play. I've done this myself when running discos in the past. However, this has been done in a context: I know the venue, the likely audience, and I ask in case there is something new that I haven't caught on to.

But in being asked here . . . we have some idea of the material the band is seeking, but nothing about the venues, audiences or anything else. It's a bit like asking "what colour should I paint my house?"

The most puzzling thing about the request though is that a band's repertoire (and arrangements) is what defines it as a band and differentiates it from other bands. It should be (in my view) something that is contained within and determined by it.

here's some:

Alright Now - Free (great song that always goes over)
Bang a Gong
Cinnamon Girl (goes over like crazy - we don't know why, well it is a great tune)
Down Under (Australian tourists will give you tips)
Fly Like an Eagle
I Can See Clearly Now (great tune but everyone butchers the bridge)
Misty Mountain Hop
Pinball Wizard
You Really Got Me

And if it's a wedding:

Me So Horny :)

Back