Song ready for cd?

HogansHiro

Now with 25% more sarcasm
Hey All,
Been gone for about a year but I'm back now (thanx uncle sam). I'm getting ready to release a cd and needed opinions on this mix. I need the usual nitpickin to ensure its the best I can get recording/quality wise.... It will be mastered before i send it in so ignore the overall compression.

Appreciate the help

Woody

"September Rain (rough mix)" - top of page at....
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2374&alid=-1

Last edited:
My bad.....September Rain ... the first one on the list....the other three still need bass.

Damn fine song. The only thing I can offer is that the bass guitar sounds poorly defined, a little bit rumbly.

Good luck with the CD. More importantly, thanks for serving.

Erland,
Thanx for the compliments...I just need a good bass and some bluesish guitar to finish off "ok". All the chics like that one.

Qwincy,
My only bass is an old headless steinberger w/ only one working split pick-up. I'm trying to find a good bass player to come in and redo it. I had to compress the hell out of it and process it a bit too much to come out with a consistent signal....I played everything myself so the old jack of all trades master of none really apllies to my bass line.

Thanx guys.

I found the bass dropping out in places, not sure if that's the intent or not. Vocals were good, drums sound fine, song is good. Bass is not sitting right with me though....could be the sound of it...not sure.

Back